- Implementation Support Agency (ISA): World Bank
- Total project financing: $370 million
- Funding from GCFF: $20 million
- GCFF Financing Approval Date: 02/16/2023
- Project Closing Date: 01/09/2028
- Status: Pending effectiveness
About the project
Using reconstruction as an entry point, this project aims to operationalize Costa Rica’s commitment towards comprehensive and inclusive disaster risk management and climate change adaptation through resilient infrastructure and services. The project takes a territorial approach to disaster recovery, climate, and multi-hazard resilience through the combination of structural and non-structural measures that can be applied to both reconstruction and prospective resilience-building investments and activities. The project design also considers spatial inequalities and exclusion of vulnerable groups including ethno-racial minorities, the extreme poor, refugees, asylum seekers, and migrants in vulnerable conditions.